Tony Gentilcore, CSCS, is one of the co-founders of Cressey Sports Performance where he served as a strength coach from 2007-2015. He now owns and operates his own training studio in Boston called CORE. In his time at CSP (and now) he worked with thousands of athletes from every level focusing on detailed assessment protocols to address common shoulder dysfunctions and injuries. In addition, Tony has extensive experience working with non-athletes and many of the common shoulder issues they run into from years of wear and tear in the gym.
He also kinda likes deadlifts (and is obsessed with his cat, Dagny).
Tony and I have been good friends for many years and there’s a reason why he and I went into business together. He’s an excellent coach and someone who’s a leader in this industry. I’d trust him with any athlete of mine.
Dean Somerset is an Exercise Physiologist who specializes in injury post-rehabilitation, and has worked with professional and Olympic athletes, post-surgical recovery, congenital disorders, and cardiac recovery patients, as well as those looking to just move and feel better for day to day activities. He’s developed a reputation as a leading authority on training, mobility, and strength training.
The beard game is also on point.
Dean Somerset is a movement genius. What does that mean? He is the opposite of why most people become frustrated with fitness. He will make you better and remove your pain–all while helping you see more results. It’s what the best coaches know how to do, and Dean is part of an elite group.
This workshop builds off the highly successful version 1 of the same name. Those who have taken version 1 will find this as all new content geared towards building and refining your approach, plus expanding applicable tools and integrating programming considerations throughout. For those who have not attended level 1, registration to this course comes with COMPLETE SHOULDER AND HIP BLUEPRINT version 1 digital video access to go through as pre-workshop viewing to ensure you’re up to speed on what we will be going through.
Here’s a sample of some concepts we dig into.
- How to use the static and integrative assessments to guide your training program.
- How breathing mechanics drives mobility of the upper body and stability of the lower body, and how to use it to see fast improvements in both.
- neck positioning, sternoclavicular joint, and elbow considerations with shoulder movements
- Deeper assessment considerations, including medical elements that may require a referral for non-fitness modalities
- Why “impingement” and “scapular winging” are garbage terms, how to assess for their true function and purpose, the difference between internal and external impingement, and what it means to your training program
- How simplifying your upper extremity assessment to the “Big 3” – Release, Position, Mobilize – can and will cover your bases for most shoulder ailments.
- Heavy pressing, explosive throwing, and programming considerations for different goal sets and populations
Why this matters to you:
- Help your clients get through common shoulder issues more effectively.
- Streamline your assessment and program design, helping you get faster results and more efficient use of your time, and that of your clients’
- Help you see the details of shoulder motion you didn’t notice before, and whether something you’re using in your exercise program is working or not. Plus look at whether neck or clavicular issues may be impeding their strength and mobility.
- Upgrade your exercise toolbox to address commonly overlooked movement issues
- Smash programming like a Jedi
- The hips role in low back, SI joint, and knee issues commonly seen in the gym, and how to address them from a fitness perspective
- Static versus active mobility, how and when to use each, and what produces the best benefits
- Scaling compound lifts across populations and goals, and how to effectively program them for everyone
- Jumps, sprints, change of direction, and other explosive training elements, and how they relate to the individuals goals and abilities.
- Blending strength, mobility and recovery across age ranges, and how to avoid being a beat up meathead or chronic recoverer
- spinal motion intolerances, and how to program around common issues.
What this means to you:
- You can help clients see IMMEDIATE improvements, sometimes in as little as a minute or two, which will help them buy in to your abilities.
- Help you target in on what will work best for the person in front of you, saving you both the time spent on useless exercises or drills.
- Help clients get specific with what will help them get stronger, more mobile, and faster than ever before
- Break down a system you can use today with yourself or your clients to see instant benefit while removing the guess work.
Being cynical of the workshop frenzy in our industry has made me extremely picky with how I spend my time and money with my educational efforts. Tony and Dean presented our group with simple and concise information that will be easy to implement into my business’ daily operations. The assessments and corrective strategies that I learned this weekend will be very useful in any size setting which translates to me being able to spend more time growing my business while delivering an effective product. If you value your time and the quality of your work, this is a must-attend event.
Continuing education units will be provided through the NSCA, exact number will be determined as soon as possible. Units can be used to petition for credit through other certification agencies. Contact your certification website for further information of petitioning credits.
$399 USD early bird rate if registered more than 4 weeks prior to the workshop. Continuing education credits are also provided
Current Dates and Locations
Houston, Tx. September 8-9, 2018
Inside the Core Gym 4665 Southwest Fwy, Houston, Texas 77027
Ljublijana, Slovenia October 20-21, 2018 VigorGround, športni center
Litostrojska 56 1000 Ljubljana Slovenia
Los Angeles, California. November 17-18, 2018 Show Up Academy. 7615 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, California
More dates will be added as they are confirmed. Please check back regularly.
You can purchase a registration in one payment, as well as in a 2 monthly installment option at no extra charge. All prices are in US dollars.
Installment payment options